Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Greetings from the NASN conference in Chicago!

Just checked into my hotel on Miracle Mile in bustling Chicago. Walked through the lobby to the elevator amongst a sea swimming with school nurses attending the National Association of School Nurses conference. So energized, happy. Their laughter was contagious.

I’m the last to get off the elevator. As the doors parted, I was hit with that fragrance some hotels use to cover up musty odors. It was worse in my room. My eyes are burning and my lungs ache. Already puffed my inhaler and threw open the window to let the less polluted air in. Someday soon, I hope hotels get the message that travelers would rather have clean rooms than rooms that smell like there’s something bad to hide.

I have to go to the registration desk to pick up my badge now; we’re hosting Fit to Breathe Express Seminars on Exercise-Induced Bronchospasm for School Nurses. (Click here for great free resources related to asthma & exercise.) Thankful to partner with Teva Respiratory!

No comments:

Post a Comment